The Water Wheel Garden Club provides a friendly atmosphere for gardeners to learn, teach, and interact. We love swapping plants, cuttings, and ideas; and our experienced gardeners are only too willing to help those starting out on their gardening experience.
We also enjoy visits to gardens, nurseries and shows together, where there is much cross-pollination …. and a lot of laughs!
Right from the beginning, the Garden Club has maintained the following aims:
- To generate community interest and involvement in gardening in Leeton Shire
- To advise and support new and established gardeners through information and education exchanges, e.g. Composting, water conservation
- To participate in specific community projects in association with other community groups
- To provide opportunities to discuss and share information in regard to gardening problems that occur locally
- To hold “plant exchanges” thus enabling members to fill their gardens at minimum expense
- To offer assistance to newcomers by providing opportunities for social interaction and networking
- To provide a healthier lifestyle through gardening (flower, vegetables, general gardening)
- To provide activities such as flower arranging, guest speakers and visits to other gardens
The Water Wheel Garden Club has always been a big supporter of our local charities, which is sustained from the proceeds of our Open Gardens event.